Closing the Global Skills Gap
Digital Skills for a Digital Society
This Jam session is the perfect place to debate the future of education and discuss groundbreaking educational innovations that could put world-class educational resources into the hands of aspiring students everywhere!
Demonstrate your passion and collaborate with leaders from the government and the industry who will put forward strategies for closing the global skills gap, discuss what leading countries are doing, and reflect on how the ICT sector can participate in developing digital skills.
- David Ticoll - Executive Director, Canadian Coalition for Tomorrow's ICT Skills
- Mike King - Global Education Industry Executive: Strategic Initiatives, IBM
- Karen Price - CEO, e-Skills UK
- Sylvie Gagnon - Director General, TechnoCompetences
- John Baker - CEO, desire2learn
- Professor Peter Bruck - CEO, World Youth Summit Awards
- Rapelang Rabana - Co-Founder & CEO, Yeigo Communications (South Africa)
- Nkemdilim Uwaje - Founder and Director, Future Software Resources (Nigeria)
- Stephanie Gutherie - Community Outreach Manager, CareerMash
- Chris Bernbrock - Global Education, Strategic Programs Project Manager, IBM
- Alex Kaplan - Business Sales & Delivery Executive : INDUSTRY.Education, IBM
- What do 21st Century technology careers look like, and how can we entice young people to pursue them?
- What should the public and private sectors prioritize in their efforts to close the global skills gap?
- Can digital technologies expand training options for high-tech fields and help put world-class educational resources into the hands of aspiring students everywhere?
- Would new models of pedagogy better unlock the potential of information technologies in education?