WCIT 2012 Highlights
The World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT 2012) is a fast-paced 3-day conference that will focus on the theme of "ONE Vision for a Global Digital Society". It will feature more than 100 high-profile speakers and attract up to 3,000 delegates from more than 80 countries, including representatives from industry, governments, academia, and civil society.
The Congress will feature the following aspects:
- An unrivalled perspective on the promise of the digital revolution delivered by an exciting line-up of inspiring "digital guru" keynote speakers.
- Keynote roundtables of internationally recognized thinkers from government, industry and academia to debate strategies, discuss what leading innovators or countries are doing and reflect on how technology continues to create business opportunities in key sectors such as healthcare, education, smart cities, the environment and the media. Discover the full program.
- A structured B2B meeting event aimed at renewing or developing multinational and cross-industry contacts and partnerships with executives and decision-makers from both developed and emerging economies.
- An online networking tool that will connect thousands of delegates before, during, and after the conference.
- An augmented reality showcase: the Canadian Digital River will present a selection of the smartest and most innovative ICT companies in Canada. Point your smartphone towards an image and it will trigger options to learn more about a company, its local ICT association and the provincial strategy to encourage innovation and attract talent.
- WCIT 2012 will invite 30 international venture capital firms to attend the Congress. All participants to the c200 Investment Forum will be on the networking platform.
- An Award Ceremony that will celebrate youth and innovation. The Award Ceremony is co-hosted by WCIT 2012 and the United Nations’ World Summit Youth Award (WSYA). The WSYA demonstrates young people’s potential to create outstanding digital content and serves as a platform for UN member states to reach the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). During the Award Ceremony, the winners will be showing their brilliant ideas on how technology can help the world meet the UN MDGs.
- The WITSA Global ICT Excellence Awards Ceremony, which will honour organizations that have achieved exceptional results in using ICT to benefit societies, governments, individuals, organizations, and the private sector.
- A World Tech Jam, where thousands of online contributors will collaborate and share their ideas, their passion, and their insights into the creation of a true bottom-up Global Digital Society Action Plan.
- A closing ceremony where the Global Digital Society Action Plan will be unveiled and become a tool for policy development, educational curricula, corporate citizenship programs, and much more.